On Saturday 12th, we moved into our lovely cousins home in Highbury to house-sit while they are on summer hols. Thanks Ant and Haze for your timely holiday!
Sunday – Today we played tourists and visited Buckingham Palace and surrounds.
The World Athletics walking event just happened to be on while we walked up The Mall.
Lord Nelson in Trafalgar Square.
Victoria Embankment Gardens
Particularly Happy Moments
- Morning cup of tea in the kitchen with the doors open onto the sunny garden.
- A really NICE coffee, with a good mellow taste and good consistency at the right temperature, sitting on the grass in Green Park on a sunny day and feeling relaxed.
- Watching the women's walking race as they hurtled past on The Mall – inspires one to get fit.
- Walking through the lovely green Victoria Embankment Gardens.
- A lime & soda and a loo break in the pub... any pub.
- The front seat upstairs on the double-decker red bus from Waterloo Bridge, along Fleet Street, past St Pauls, up past The Angel and into Highbury. What a view of London!